Thursday, January 17, 2019

Always Comes Back To Love

Blurry but happy!
My home is quiet right now. My adorable (and sassy) daughter-in-law makes a point of having the two kids and herself out of the house on the days that I work at the preschool. She knows that I need some silent, down time after a day full of 15 busy and noisy 4 year olds.

She loves me and goes out of her way to try and make my life easier. Even in the middle of our crazy co-living situation that can be a challenge for all of us at times. This is one of the things she does because she loves me.

When I empty the dishwasher I always place my husband's favorite coffee mug toward the front of the cupboard door that I know he opens first. He does not know that I do this silly little gesture every day. But I do it because I love him and want to do all I can to make his life easier, even in such a tiny unnoticeable way.

When we know that we are loved, it changes us inside doesn't it? I know that it makes me want to live up to that love. I stand taller, feel calmer and like myself better when I am in the company of people who love me.

When I talk and write about how much God loves each one of us, it is not a small message. Most of us have heard the message of God's love for much of our lives. If you did not hear it from your family or friends, you had glimpses of the love message on TV, in books, magazines and online.

Knowing that I am loved by God has saved my sanity. I am an anxious person. A worrier and over-thinker. Is it possible to be an optimistic pessimist? I am both. Each time I leave the house I practically hold my breath until I am back home. I am also a very happy and cheerful woman.

But / And I am loved by God. He knows me. He knows that every time I drive away from my house alone to go to the store, I spend the first 5 minutes telling myself that I can still turn back and go home for the day instead.

He knows that I hide in the ladies room at church sometimes. I believe that He smiles when I take a deep breath and greet the ladies coming toward me as I leave the restroom.

I am known and loved by God. I know that He loves me because of the small and large things He has done to show me. I know that He gave me my wonderful husband. I know that my job is a gift from God. I know that He loves me when I am on my living room floor playing with my grand kids.

Being loved by God helps me breath. Knowing I am loved keeps me from hiding in my home. Knowing that I am loved makes me stand taller, feel calmer and like myself better.

When I question His ways...I remind myself of His love. When I am confused or angry...I remind myself of His love. When He does not do what I think He should do...I remind myself of His love. It ALWAYS comes back to His love.

We are all loved. God loves you, me and the annoying neighbor. He knows you...and He loves you...still.

3 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What was that little song that I remember hearing way back when: "God loves you and I love you and that's the way it should be..." Yes, God loves you, I love you, and so does everyone else who knows you! I love the sweet thoughtful things you shared here, about your daughter in law, and also the way you put your hubby's favorite coffee mug right where he can find it...I realized that I do the same thing, and yes, you are right, it's because of LOVE. Thank you for your honesty and humility. You are such a precious daughter of Christ. I'm so glad God allowed us to meet here, and I look forward to the day that we will meet in person...still hoping it will be here on earth before we get to heaven, but if not, we'll still know each other there and I hope you won't go and hide in the restroom when you see me coming to hug you. LOL. Love you so sweet Susie. I miss our daily repartee' here in blogland, but am so happy for you to have all the wonderful little people and big people in your life that keep you busy and happy. Such a wonderful answer to many prayers!! This was great, BTW.

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Pam! Thank you so much for being my number 1 fan and cheerleader all these years!! Your encouraging words have spurred me on over and over again.
I miss our daily comments, and messages too. You and Dawn will always be my special long distance friends that I have to remind myself I have never met. So crazy! I love you dear Pam and I am watching the big changes coming in your life too.
Susie

quietspirit said...

When we know God loves us, we rise above those fears and misgivings that try to bring us down. I made this discovery as I went through some harrowing times with some relatives who were supposed to be close to us. God allowed me to continue on as He wanted me to. Because of knowing He loves me, no matter what, I am at peace for the first time.