Friday, March 23, 2018

Random Journal Day Reunion! Come Join Us!

Well, it is 8:30 pm, I have a nice glass of white wine beside me, husband is smoking a pipe on the back porch, my grandkids are asleep and their parents are movie-watching in their own room. 

Our home is quiet, which does not happen a lot. I am savoring the quiet and this moment to rejoin some old friends for a Reunion of the Random Journal Day gang. But I hasten to add that new friends are welcome to join! It's so easy!

All we do is find one of our old journal entries and use it as a writing prompt for a blog post. Then you simply connect your blog up to the organizer of this fun; Enthusiastically, Dawn. On her blog you will find a list of other bloggers who are sharing their journal writing too. (AND I heard a rumor that she is doing a big GIVEAWAY that you will love!) 

My blog has not been a very active place for the past year due to a new job and lots of crazy changes in our family. But all is well and we are happy and healthy. My last few blog posts will catch you up on what has been happening around here. 


Now I am teaching preschoolers to journal!

My blog, RECOVERING CHURCH LADY had to be abandoned due to a mix up regarding my domain name and payments. So now I live here at WALKING BUTTERFLY. I hope you come back often, as I try to get back into a more regular writing routine. Please tell me about your blog, I would love to visit you!

Our mutual friend, Dawn has challenged us to dig into our journals once again and create this little RJD Reunion, so I guess I had better get to it or she will nag me to bits. You know how she is, right? 

A journal entry from July 25, 2017 made me smile the other day, so I will let you in on the little joke too. I'll just let you read it for yourself...


"July, 25, 2017
This morning when I went into the kitchen to grab my cup of coffee, my grandson (almost 3 years old) and daughter-in-law were on the couch with a book. Grandson says to me, "Grandma, you are in trouble!" 

Turns out that he had been repeating a funny thing that he'd accidentally said yesterday and I had laughed at it. So his mama had told him, "Oh man, Grandma is in trouble now!" 

In the swimming pool yesterday Grandson wanted to tell his daddy that he was going to "kiss" him, but instead he had said, "I'm gonna piss you Daddy!"......And Grandma cracked up!

Oh well."


Oh well, indeed. If it is funny I am going to laugh and I will not say that I regret it one bit. Nope. In fact it still makes me crack up today! 

This is probably one of the plethora of privileges that grandparenting affords. I am not over thinking and analyzing everything I say or do, like I did as a parent. Grandparents can relax a bit...mostly because we know that we are still going to mess up and the kids will survive and forgive us in the end. (For the most part, anyway.)

I love being a grandma. In fact tomorrow I may just grab my grandson and tell him I want to give him a big piss! (Just kidding Honey.) 


Hey look Dawn. Found my old RJD pic!

Susie

10 comments:

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Oh my goodness...this is hilarious...I love your insights and it's so true, parenting is painful. I guess God makes up for that pain with the gift of grandparenting! Thanks so much for being ready , willing and able...I miss these get togethers! Too funny!

Love you SUsie! Sorry about your blog...I am still trying to copy and paste all the posts I wrote...I need to delete my old blog...

I need to get on a blogging schedule myself. Will see...

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That is hilarious! Some people do that in pools, you know. LOL. Anyway, I can't wait to hear more of the funny things your sweet little people say...That is going to be your next book, I just know it...or a children's book about the Walking Butterfly. Anyway, I loved this post, and I look forward to more, more, more! And thank you, Dawn, for getting us back together again!!

Ronna said...

Made me smile too! 😘

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Thanks for coming by Ronna! Dawn and Pam, it is so fun to reconnect with this reunion.

BarbaraL said...

Oh, boy...love that entry, Susie!! Grandkids can be so entertaining, can't they?! I love being with mine, whether all at the same time, or individually!! Time spent with them is certainly eye-opening!

So glad that we can share again with Dawn and RJD...look forward to more!!!

Kel Rohlf said...

Love your humor, Susie! Glad to reconnect and find your blog again... I look forward to catching up. Sounds like your grandson is inheriting some of your humor. :)

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Thanks for coming by and commenting, Barbara and Kel! Yes, being a grandparent is so fun and very entertaining! And Kel, yes but he is much funnier than I've ever been!

quietspirit said...


Susie: It's so nice to see you again. Yes, kids do say the darndest things. It's nice that you are enjoying your grandson. I have missed your wit and your thoughts.

Sylvia R said...

I love the mistaken things that little kids say. At one time I was "gonna" make up a little book/journal/something, recording all my favorite things my own son said like that. Never did it, but some (happily) stay stuck in my mind--and yeah, some still crack me up when I remember them!
Susie, I also want to thank you for being your part in the creation of this link-up way back whenever. I am enjoying this revisit so much this week!

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Thank you Celeste and Sylvia! So glad you joined the fun! Yes Sylvia, I did my own RJD blog entries for several years on my own blog and loved it. Then Miss Dawn saw what I was doing and her creative mind thought that others could enjoy doing it too, so she created the link up challenge.
I just read your last post and it is amazing and so beautiful! Clever!